JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No message notification sound

(Topic created: 01-07-2020 02:06 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have no sound when I receive messages.  All other sounds work and the badge notification works along with the AOD screen notification.  I tried the "Smart Things" fix and all others listed to no avail....

55 Replies
user6A4UsJYXWc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you thank you thank you Astronaut, you tip fixed my phone 

0 Likes
userWF8cR8UQ2z
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

this worked but it lasted for about 30 mins and it went back to not making a noise despite the settings.  this is so frustrating! 

0 Likes
Missamanda367
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This solution fixed the issue. Thank you very much for calling Samsung and sharing your findings.

[My Original issue: Ringtone sounds work but notification sounds do not, despite all individual volume levels and master volume being turned up]

[DETAILS: My settings configuration were of a 5 month old System restore]

If you restored your phone from Backup/Restore utility; try the Reset solution.

0 Likes
usersIp6MjQTIe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

OMG ty so much. I have been trying to figure out how to get this fixed. Walahhhh. Woohoo. It works

0 Likes
AaronJaunty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks so much, you definitely saved me hours of head scratching!

0 Likes
userDldVffYucP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I had the same issue... mine had to do with a little boom speaker I had installed.... or just the bluetooth it self... 

I would get the message notification sound when I shut of the blue tooth all together... thats why I ended up exploring there...

I went over and over my phone.. everything was correct and i I chould  hear  stuff but not when I recieved a message...  hope it helps

userZ7vDU3c5Yr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for the suggestion re: Bluetooth.  After an hour of fiddling with the solutions suggested by others, and confirming that all of my phone's settings were correct, I read your post and realized that the reason I wasn't hearing any notification sounds was that I had forgotten to disconnect my Bluetooth headphones when I put them away. So, naturally, my phone wouldn't play any sounds at all, and since I wasn't wearing my headphones, I couldn't hear that either.  Duh... stupid me. Sometimes the simplest solutions are hardest to find.

0 Likes
userxh734Yg4uC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

THIS WORKED!  Thank you 8wkl,  I have spent three days and probably 6 to 8 hours trying to find the answer to this problem.  I have tried many different suggestions, including at least three variations of the method described in the link you supplied and none of them worked.  All the other three variations I tried all showed that my New Message Sound was turned on and correct tone selected.  When I tried this method, it showed that there was NO Sound selected.  I still do not understand why there are so many ways to see if the notification sound is turned on and have three say the sound is turned on and one method shows the sound is turned off.  This is something that really needs to be fixed since so many people rely on getting prompt notifications for their incoming text messages.

Thank you again for this answer that actually worked.

0 Likes
userinkULTIrRr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks,  that worked. But sounds like this is an issue that Samsung needs to address. 🤔

0 Likes