cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user62VJ9JjWPB
Asteroid

No message notification sound

I have no sound when I receive messages.  All other sounds work and the badge notification works along with the AOD screen notification.  I tried the "Smart Things" fix and all others listed to no avail....

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: No message notification sound

have you checked in Messages settings to see if Notification sounds are turned on 

Open Samsung Messages then click the 3 dots on the right then click settings then Notifications then click on General Notifications and see if theres a Sound listed if not add one then go back and click on new messages which is right below General Notifications and see what it has listed 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
user62VJ9JjWPB
Asteroid

Thanks but I did all that.  I think stronger forces than you and I are at work here....  :-(

Samsung Care Ambassador

that is odd that its not playing the Notification sound for new messages i'll have to check around on that one 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
user62VJ9JjWPB
Asteroid

Thank you for your help!

Samsung Care Ambassador

Have you tried tapping and holding down on the app until the mini menu pops up then tap  on app info then notifications

user62VJ9JjWPB
Asteroid

Yep, tried that too.  Thanks!

user62VJ9JjWPB
Asteroid

I have to no avail.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Red Giant

Long press on Message App icon > App Info > 3dots settings > Uninstall. And then go to galaxy store and reinstall the app again.

user62VJ9JjWPB
Asteroid

Can't uninstall a system app.  I did try "force stop" and that didn't work.  Thanks for your help!