cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_Bx4nB03
Astronaut

No notification sounf

I have the S10+ and noticed that if I have my bluetooth headphones on im not able to receive any notification sound. Once I turn it off my notification sound works. There has to be some way to have sound and not have to turn my bluetooth off. As well if im on a call and get a text message it doesn't pop up the screen just stays black

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No notification sounf

Can you tell me the model headphones you're using? Some headphones have a setting where your able to adjust the notification from the app. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung_Bx4nB03
Astronaut

It's a LG bluetooth headphone. I used it with my 8+ and had no issues with notification

Have you tried turning up the notification volume while your headphones are connected?

When you're on a call and the phone is close to your face, the screen turns off to keep your cheek from causing havok to the phone. This screen turning off seems to be different from the usual sleep mode that happens when you press your power button.

If you're talking about hands (and cheek) free calling, then it might have something to do with how edge lighting works while you're on a call? Not too sure about that one.

With Android Pie, if you are connected to bt headset. Notificaiton sound is played on head phones only not on headphones and phone like in oreo.