cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userNXkGqk8IV0
Constellation

No option for video calling. Unlocked Galaxy S10+ T-Mobile

I dont have an option to turn on or off my video calling setting. I dont have the option to video call as a whole. Is there a reason why?

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: No option for video calling. Unlocked Galaxy S10+ T-Mobile

Many times unlocked phones won't have these extra features provided by the carriers. I would check with T-Mobile. 

SamsungNathan
Astronaut

Yeah, I would contact the carrier, or just use good duo d...

Yeah, I would contact the carrier, or just use good duo depending on what operating system your friends are using of this Android you should be fine using Google duo if it's IOS you wouldn't be able to.

GOFASTER
Cosmic Ray

Re: Yeah, I would contact the carrier, or just use good duo d...

You can use Duo on the iPhone to video chat with Android users who use Duo. I do. A lot of friends eith iPhones use Duo to talk to their friends on Android.  Maybe do a search on youtube.

You're misleading people with that statement. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

In order to access video calling and advanced messaging (RCS) on an unlocked model you'd need to use tmo's software. This issue isn't S10 exclusive however, it extends to other phones not sold directly by the carrier.

I used an unlocked S10 and Note 8 on T-Mobile, neither could access video calling. The software lacks them, simple as that. With unlocked you get all TMO bands, VoLTE, wifi calling, SMS/MMS, and carrier aggregation. Also unlocked models have a Hiya filter in dialer settings. 

If video calling is important to you try Discord, Skype, Snapchat, or any app with this function. Alternatively stick to T-Mobile variants in the future. Edited for clarification. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Samsung Care Ambassador

Sadly true. I noticed my video call function disappear when I went to the unlocked model over the Verizon branded S10+. But the other options that opened up were well worth it.

Skype has always been good to me though 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Red Giant

I also have an unlocked version of Galaxy S10 model, but...

I also have an unlocked version of Galaxy S10 model, but flashed it with T-Mobile's firmware and have above-mentioned features