cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

No setting to delay sending text messages

Where is the setting in the stock messaging app to set a short delay (few seconds) before a text message sends?  In other models I've used this option and loved it. After I hit "send" it delays by a few seconds before actually sending so if I change my mind or see an error I want to fix, I can click on it and stop the message from sending. Can someone please help me find the setting for this on the S10 plus? Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No setting to delay sending text messages

You would simply select the (+) sign in the messaging application and then select Schedule a  text message.

You can schedule your text message to send when you wish to have it send.

Hope this message finds you well.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you but no, I am not wanting to "schedule" a message.  There used to be a setting that allowed you to choose how long (few seconds - 1 to 5) before a text would send after clicking on send.  It was like a safety short timer in case you didn't mean to send yet or find an error in your text or whatever. You could click a button to cancel the send within that 1 to 5 second timeframe.  You hit send, but it actually waits the few seconds to send.  I cannot find that setting on this phone. Can someone please help? It's been on my other phones that were Samsung but all the settings are different on this one and I can't find it. 

Highlighted
Constellation

SamsungZell - Is correct... He is asking "How" to set up a "Delay" in sending a text message.   Not how to schedule it.  To Schedule a text is totally different than to delay a text.  I have that same issue.   For example,,, if you notice you have sent a text message with a typo, etc., you can correct by clicking on the (x) that is seen on the left side of the message, which unsends your text.     I have discovered, (on the Samsung S10e),  there is something called, "Keyboard touch and hold delay", which is found by selecting Smart typing  in the Settings, but so far it is quite useless.  I have not figured out how to utilize it to delay from sending text messages.  If I do figure that out I will share with you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Highlighted
Constellation

Interesting. I went from the S8 to now the S10 and never knew there was such a feature or option.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Agreed! I used to have my delay set to 5 seconds and it was a huge help! I've had the S8 for a long time now and keep hoping with each update they'll bring it back!

Highlighted
Astronaut

How about the S9plus is there a "schedule & delay" message option?

Highlighted
Constellation

YAAASSS!!! I have just got me S10e & have spent days searching for this option!!! I too found it VERY useful 🤔 but cannot seem to find a way to do this either... Hopefully SAMSUNG will introduce this in an update? Very frustrating! 😣

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.