Have you tried wiping the cache partition? See if that helps.
Follow these steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.
Thanks. Unfortunately, that didn't work. In fact, it may have made it worse haha. Because now I don't even get the icon badge telling me there's a notification for the Evite app.
Wait, I just noticed a "Blocked" setting on the Galaxy. It has several apps on that list including Photos, Chrome, Contacts, Facebook, Galaxy Store, Evite, and many more. I don't know how to unblock them.
However, I also realized another app that frequently use called My Utmost isn't pushing notifications. It isn't on the Blocked list. Notifications is set to on in both the app and in the Galaxy Notifications settings.
I noticed a Notifications riminders function on the Galaxy. It is off. Does it need to be on? It appears it's a function above and beyond just "notifications" but not sure.