cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Galaxy

Not getting push notifications from this app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I used to get push notifications from this app when someone responded to my post, but not anymore. Any suggestions?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Not getting push notifications from this app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would try deleting and re-installing the app. This has helped me with getting notifications on apps.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you made sure notifications are toggled on for this app?

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. Half the time i get half the time i don't. Didn't get a notification of your response.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you updated your device recently?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would try deleting and re-installing the app. This has helped me with getting notifications on apps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You should go into the settings and make sure that app is exempt from any power optimization if you want to receive push notifications. The app needs to be running in the background for you to get push notifications but since that consumes power battery optomization will frequently prevent it. Also check which notification options are enabled for that app and what permissions the app has been granted. It could be the app is missing necessary permissions and that you will need to grant them manually for the app to function properly.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try clearing the cache on the app to see if that helps any.

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app just now. It was never an issue before android 10 on the same phone.

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is odd. If I'm on my members homescreen and click on the bell icon, it shows messages and notifications tab. I click notifications it shows my last notification is feb 24th. Obviously it's wrong since you all have been respond to this post recently.

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cleared cache. Recent notifications aren't showing up again on the tab. Last notifications listed on feb 24th. The other it listed new notifications but they aren't on there now.