cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userQkTV2wUxSy
Constellation

Notes disappeared from both phone and cloud

My husband just bought and new Galaxy S10e and we transferred the notes from the Samsung Notes app on his old phone (a Samsung Eclipse J3) via the Samsung Cloud yesterday. Worked perfectly. All was well today until he added a new note. As soon as he did this, ALL of the other notes disappeared. They are not in the app, they are not in the trash, and they are NOT in the Cloud. The cloud is completely empty. I thought the entire point of backing up and syncing to the Cloud was that they were backed up and stored there.  There is important information and notes for his work in there that he needs to do his job. How do we get these back? I have tried everything I can think of - spent over an hour on this.  We are both frustrated and upset. Please help. I don't even know how to recover them from the old phone (after they successfully backed up and were stored on the new phone, he deleted them from the old phone due to sensitive information). I'm at a total loss.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notes disappeared from both phone and cloud

Hey there!

I can certainly understand your frustrations regarding this. Are you using the same Samsung account on the new device?

userQkTV2wUxSy
Constellation

Yes, we used the samsung account on the new device. When I go to Settings and Samsung Cloud, the account is showing, it's just empty of files.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend contacting our Samsung Accounts department to see if they can better assist you with this concern. They can be reached directly at 1-855-795-0509.