cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbA1uNknfJA
Asteroid

Notification Hassle

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been trying to find help on this issue but no combination of keywords seems to find any one else who's raised it although I'm absoutely certain that everyone must be annoyed by it.

Anyway, here goes........

Basically, when I tap a notification that arrives when the screen is locked, I unlock the screen with my fingerprint but the phone does NOT go straight to the appropriate app. 

No, instead I have to pull the staus bar down, locate the notification again and tap it.
THEN the phone goes to the app.
This is annoying because that extra step takes longer to execute. I've tried "Glimpse", a 3rd party notification app but it doesn't eliminate the extra step.

Even my old Samsung J5 manages to achieve this feat without drama or incident but it's beyond the capabilities of my $1,000, 6GB RAM Galaxy S10. 

Does anyone have a solution to this issue or is it just a case of waiting until Samsung update this new UI of theirs?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheInsane1990
Cosmic Ray

Re: Notification Hassle

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you talking from lock screen or AOD...

Either way.. AOD you double tap the icon then unlock.

Lock screen should just bring you to the app after you select and unlock.

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this happen when your device is in safe mode?

userbA1uNknfJA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJoJo wrote:

Does this happen when your device is in safe mode?

Hi, nope, I have never operated the phone in safe mode. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userbA1uNknfJA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the suggestion but my notifications are already set up in line with those in the article. I stil have the issue with being unable to go straight to the app associated with the notification without dropping the status bar first.

For comparison, I have an old iPhone 6s.

If i get say, a Whatsapp notification while the screen is locked, I tap the notification.

The iPhone then asks me to unlock my phone with fingerprint ID.

As soon as I've entered my fingerprint, the iPhone takes me STRAIGHT to the specific Whatsapp chat - NO detours or extra steps.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you take a screenshot of your lock-screen so we can see how your notifications appear?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userbA1uNknfJA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20190329-212312_One UI Home.jpg

You can see the message is the "Detailed" view and the fingerprint icon is present.

user5Z29gdpvTa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems to be part of the horrible new update... I have the same thing

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you tapping on the notification before unlocking the phone?

userbA1uNknfJA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes.

If I unlock the phone first, it goes to whatever app I was using before the phone was locked.

I still have to dropdown the status bar before I can go to the app the notification relates to.