cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G-ProPIA
Halo

Notification badges

In the morning, i noticed that Facebook and my email app icons did not have notification badges on them, but i did have new notifications that came in or new activity there that would require a notification or new emails in my email app. So i know i have DND on at night and when i look at those settings for when the screen is off, i have the only option there, set to OFF (for the Hide full notification). That is off. For the 'when screen is on' there are several settings and i have the 'Hide App icon badges' set to OFF there so i shld always see notification badges. Why am i not getting the notification badges? For the app notification settings, they are all ON.

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notification badges

Have you double checked to see if you have your app badges on? Try wiping the cache partition on your device to see if that helps.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Notification badges

Did you clear the cache position in those apps? 

Samsung_gc2OOXD
Constellation

A member should always give their experiences in order fo...

A member should always give their experiences in order for others to give their acknowledgments. Thank you for the advice!

G-ProPIA
Halo

Yes, the notification badges are on. I thought i said tha...

Yes, the notification badges are on. I thought i said that above. Badges are on and i have them on during DND too. Now for when the screen is off, there was no choice for badges during DND so maybe that is the reason i dont see them.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Yes, the notification badges are on. I thought i said tha...

@G-ProPIA Have you double checked to see if your device is currently up to date?

G-ProPIA
Halo

Nah, didnt do anything w cache partition and this is a we...

Nah, didnt do anything w cache partition and this is a week old phone.

G-ProPIA
Halo

It is completely up to date. All updated on 6/15. That is...

It is completely up to date. All updated on 6/15. That is not the problem. I solved this. The problem was the battery optimization. It causes issues with the notifications. I provided detail on it for others to fix this.

G-ProPIA
Halo

Ok, so i noticed that i still miss some FB notifications....

Ok, so i noticed that i still miss some FB notifications. Not sure why. At least my email app always works since i killed that battery optimization with it. FB notification misses are a mystery. Will continue to monitor this.

G-ProPIA
Halo

Ok i put this one away! Thought that this had me beat. No...

Ok i put this one away! Thought that this had me beat. Nope. Ok, the culprit... Adaptive Battery. I killed that and now i am getting FB notifications. To kill it, go to device care, battery, then the 3 dots, then toggle Adaptive Batt to off! Adaptive stuff and Optimization stuff cause issues. Need my notifications.