cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userdMCjziXAWJ
Asteroid

Notification issue after May patch

After I updated my S10 to the newest May patch, I'm unable to have my phone on silent or vibrate. I'm able to choose the mode to do so but notification will still chime. I don't have any apps as an exception to bypass vibrate or do not disturb. Putting my phone on vibrate will work for a couple of seconds, then it'll start chiming again. 

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notification issue after May patch

@userdMCjziXAWJ Does this still continue when the phone is in safe mode?

userdMCjziXAWJ
Asteroid

Seems like I can't duplicate the problem in safe mode. Here's a better understanding of my issue: When I set my phone to vibrate, my Email app notification will vibrate when it comes in. I also have Outlook installed for work email, and when Outlook notification comes to my phone, it'll chime. Then after that my Email app notification and any other notification will chime. I'm not seeing this on only the Outlook app. So vibrate mode will work until a notification comes through with a chime, then vibrate mode stops working.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userdMCjziXAWJ Have you tried going into your settings>notifications> apps> email> new emails> and from there you should be able to select the sounds for the email notifications.

userdMCjziXAWJ
Asteroid

@SamsungQue I tried that and it completely silence the notification. So when I change my profile to sound, it stays silent, which I don't want that. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you attempted to clear the cache partition of the device to see if that changes anything?

userdMCjziXAWJ
Asteroid

@SamsungJace haven't tried that. Will try it now and see if it fixed the problem.

usergeXba6RDgU
Constellation

I'm having the same issue did this resolve? So stupid out of no where my phone now chimes at every notification. It's odd it does it by media volume but then if I don't want media volume to be notification volume... I can be listening to music it watching a movie and everything still gets notified.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usergeXba6RDgU have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

userdMCjziXAWJ
Asteroid

I wiped my cache partition and it worked for a couple of days. But today it came back and started going off again. I did discover that the same chime sound is in my Bluetooth headphonenas well. It actually echoes in my Bluetooth and it does the same on my phone. @SamsungAdam @SamsungJace