cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_5ihn274
Astronaut

Notification lights

I was dumbfounded when I realized my new 10+ did not have a notification light! Samsung please tell me there will be an update with a fix for this, why would you leave out the notification light?

2 REPLIES 2
Pvt_mous
Astronaut

Drag down your notification bar all the way (like your lo...

Drag down your notification bar all the way (like your looking at all the settings) swipe left and look for (edge lighting) that's the notification light now, long press it to editSmiley Happy

Highlighted
useraVqFwixblP
Constellation

Re: Notification lights

I was also dumbfounded.  I have now spent many hours trying to find a solution.  There are a few apps, some by Samsung, but each has its pitfalls. The one I settled on at the moment is Holey Light, which is on the Google Play Store.   The pitfalls of that one are simply that it requires the "Always on Display" to be on (which is the time and date) which drains the battery, although it is described at being 3.5% per hour.  What Holey Light does is light up a swirling light aroud the "selfie" camera lens opening.  I still have about 4 days to return the camera withing the allowed return time, which I would like to do, but I don't know enough about any of the other brands of camera to know if I'd be stepping from the frying pan into the fire. I've been a dedicated Samsung user for many years.  I simply cannot believe that they thought it was ok on any level, to remove a feature such as the notification light.