cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hedera
Constellation

Notification noises drive me nuts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently bought a Samsung S10 from Verizon and have had to turn off all the notification sounds; the thing never shuts up.  Even without the sounds, it was vibrating every 3 minutes if I had any notifications that I haven't looked at.  I've set that to 15 minutes, but I don't want it to happen at all.  Is there any way to tell the device that I only want to SEE notifications, not hear about them??  I've been through the Settings and have been unable to find anything.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Notification noises drive me nuts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been awhile since I am using an iPhone now, but I seem to recall you can change notifications type to keep the notification, but remove the audio component.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@hedera wrote:

I recently bought a Samsung S10 from Verizon and have had to turn off all the notification sounds; the thing never shuts up.  Even without the sounds, it was vibrating every 3 minutes if I had any notifications that I haven't looked at.  I've set that to 15 minutes, but I don't want it to happen at all.  Is there any way to tell the device that I only want to SEE notifications, not hear about them??  I've been through the Settings and have been unable to find anything.

Check settings>accessibility>advanced settings>notification reminders - turn it off

Check DND... you can turn on Do Not Disturb and then set specific options to your liking

hedera
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've turned off notification reminders, but now it shows me almost no notifications at all.  I don't mind reading the headlines from news apps, but I don't want them to buzz at me.  I begin to think there's no solution except to set the reminder interval as long as possible.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been awhile since I am using an iPhone now, but I seem to recall you can change notifications type to keep the notification, but remove the audio component.

View solution in original post

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@hedera wrote:

I've turned off notification reminders, but now it shows me almost no notifications at all.  I don't mind reading the headlines from news apps, but I don't want them to buzz at me.  I begin to think there's no solution except to set the reminder interval as long as possible.

Each app has ability to fine tune the notificaions.  As an example if you tap and hole messages app, then on the contect menu tap App info, then tap notifications.  Each option has sub menu

user67Y5JsDPk7
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Simple solution, turn off notification reminder.