cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djbrown88
Asteroid

Notification on lock screen

Im having a weird issue after the last update pushed to my phone, which is weird because my wife has the same phone and did the same update and shes not having the issue. Kind of hard to explain but ill do my best. Ok, so when my screen is off and I get a notification like a text, normally i would wake the screen and i would have the notification there where you could then swipe to open or tap that notification to "select it" then swipe to open to that app. after the update, its real squirlly. if i tap the very top of that notification itll select it, if i tap towards the middle or bottom (of this very slim notification) itll act as if the screen is unlocked and bring down the whole notification bar, the one that shows date, the quick launch buttons and others. From there you can still tap the notification and open it, but its just way more of a process. This happen to anyone else? I even broke down and did a factory reset but it still does it

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notification on lock screen

@djbrown88 Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

djbrown88
Asteroid

I did, it still behaves the same way.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

djbrown88
Asteroid

Yes, i tested in safe mode and it behaves the same.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, and service provider?

djbrown88
Asteroid

SM-G973U

G973USQU2ASF6

Verizon 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend taking the device to your carrier or a Samsung Experience center so they can get a hands-on look at your device, as when we test our device it performs the same way you are explaining.

userdxKPOpNElR
Astronaut

I am having the same exact issue, happened as soon as I installed the system update - very annoying problem! Additional, I am noticing when paired to a bluetooth playback device unlocking the screen or taping a notification will command a pause in the music player (google music)

SM-G950U

G950USQU6DSG7

Verizon

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there @userdxKPOpNElR,

Have you tried testing your device in safe mode to see if the same symptoms still appear?