cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRWHfTZXwL2
Astronaut

Notification reminder LED Indicator

Good Afternoon,
My name is Brandon. I use to have a Samsung Galaxy S8. This phone had an LED indicator light in the corner of the screen. This light was used to remind people of notifications that are waiting.
I currently updated my phone to the Galaxy S10. And this phone does not have that option. I'm sure I'm not the only one upset about this. Is there any way a patch can be put through on the next software update to be able to use either the spinning camera light or the edge lighting as a notification reminder?

Thank you.
Brandon

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notification reminder

I believe there are apps available to use the indicator near the camera as an LED indicator. However, this function was removed from the S10 due to its slim design.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Notification reminder LED Indicator

@userRWHfTZXwL2 hey Brandon! 🙂 Trying downloading Edge Lighting+ from the Galaxy Play store. Inside there is an option to enable a camera cutout notification. You can also check out an app called Holey Light in the Google Play Store. It offers a lot of customization and options. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns! 

Owen-M
Halo

This would be so awesome. Samsung really should have added this in stock software

MorteM
Astronaut

Always on edge is a good app that I use in the Note 10+,...

Always on edge is a good app that I use in the Note 10+, works great after some reboots, notch don't work out of the box but you can configure it manually.

Anker
Asteroid

Just use LED Me Know, it's actually better than a real LED.

Samsung Care Ambassador

I've been using AOD Notify since it came out and it has never installed any other apps with it and I would recommend it over any other app it great to have

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless
userWl8O64pSdn
Astronaut

There is notifacton for flash

Accessibility->Advanced Setting->Flash notification

Roguestoner
Constellation

I am as well a previous S8 user and I am to say the least very disappointed/upset they don't have it as factory setting... I have tried all the apps suggesed to work around the ridiculous decision to do away with this setting however they aren't ongoing until checked. The app versions only go off at the time of event (email,text,app notification) and it's very convenient for charging statuses. Please Samsung bring back the led notification for the S10, S10+,S10E. Please I beg this of you.

Samsung_nrQxhpv
Astronaut

Reallly