cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userp9eztCpqFD
Asteroid

Notification sounds playing when silent mode on and media playing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my S10+ in silent mode, notification sounds are playing through headphones when I am listening to music, or if I play music through the phone's loudspeaker. If I turn down the "media" volume then the notification sounds are silent. Not sure if this is a bug with android or the Samsung software. Does anyone know of a workaround because it's really annoying me? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
leCutInsideMan
Constellation

Re: Notification sounds playing when silent mode on and media playing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue. Not limited to samsung for I'm running into it on a Google Pixel 2 as well.

Found this thread on Reddit where it seams to be a issue with google assistent notifications. 

Proposed fix until they update is this:

turn off "notification access" of "Google" (Apps & notifications > special app access, or via search)

The downside to this fix is that google assistant cannot read out notifications through bluetooth headphones or presumably other devices. I personally do not us GA on my headphones for notifications, and so cannot confirm this downside. I would recommend this fix, as it appears to be the least intrusive, and having the least loss of any fix.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
userFTgoK1A03U
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having this same issue on the SM-G975U

Im on the T-mobile network and pretty much stock apps other than snapchat and some other messaging apps.

One UI version: 1.1

May 1st Android security patch

It seems to be linked to media sound instead of notification sounds from my experimentation. 

useraEOeuDgk0Y
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue on my new S10. Havent found a fix yet.

-2nd June 2019

userhXkLKjbQn8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue on my Note8. Started happening 2 days ago. It seems like when the media volume is turned on (as when listening to music or videos through headphones) the notifcation sounds still come through. If you turn your media volume all the way down, you no longer hear the notification sounds. I hope they patch this soon. This is the only mention of the issue I've been able to find online thus far.

userhGu1sZWZGx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly the same situation on my s8, seems to me it came with the latest update? 

It's a real pain for me, hopefully it's fixed soon

userp9eztCpqFD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes! I've been searching for days and could not find this exact issue. I thought it was Google assistant and my headphones but turns out it isn't 

userzVKvZ6Xdkb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same here. All sound turned OFF in notifications.  Such an annoying issue.  So simple  Yet so hard?

userrvyMv6x50W
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same thing happening on my S10+ Do any of you own bose qc35 headphones? I'm wondering if it's a related issue because I first started hearing those notification sounds through my headphones
userZaYuRw3ipT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have exactly same problem with you, Bose qc35ii
userp9eztCpqFD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see the issue with my Sony wh-1000xm3 headphones. It's not the headphones, it's a bug with the phone's software. You get the notification sounds even with no headphone connected.