cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userj3RZGhlxaF
Asteroid

Notifications While Phone is in Sleep/Standby Mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi, normally when I am done with my phone (gs10e) I press the power button once. I think this puts the phone into sleep mode or standby mode, but I searched online but I can't identify the exact mode it is in. The problem is that when I am in this mode I do not get notifications for new vms or text messages. I know Samsung ditched the LED notification and I have been unable to find a setting or app that can help me. Can anyone help with this? Thanks, Erik
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userj3RZGhlxaF
Asteroid

Re: Notifications While Phone is in Sleep/Standby Mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow, that's going to burn up the battery but if it's the only solution...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you verified that Do Not Disturb is turned off? There may be some settings that need to be adjusted. Let me know if these suggestions help!

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062636/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userj3RZGhlxaF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do not disturb is off, so that is not the issue.  Is there another setting I should be checking?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you experience these symptoms if your device is in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userj3RZGhlxaF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does pressing the power button once put the phone is safe mode?  If not, what does that action do?

Can you please send me instructions on how to put my phone in safe mode?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Press the power button on the side of your phone, press and hold the power off option until you see safe mode populate on your screen, then tap on safe mode.

userj3RZGhlxaF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I put the phone in safe mode but it still acts the same way. 

Let me state my issue another way.  When I click the power button once with my phone off the phone screen goes black.  When a text in the phone will vibrate and light up momentarily, but once it does that the phone no longer tells me I have a text message waiting.  It does not vibrate or blink again.

Is there any type of notification that will allow me to see a waiting text or email message?  The apps I tried said that they would notify me but they don't work when the phone is in this mode.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have always on display turned on in your settings? You would need to set up your always on display to show your notifications.

userj3RZGhlxaF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've looked at the Always on Display setting but I never noticed the Lock Screen had them.  Do I need to have to choose "Show Always"  to get notifications on the lock screen?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Correct, you would need to select show always.