cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userp04kzJK2Vx
Constellation

Notifications are not waking up the screen

The notifications are just producing sound when the screen is locked. Not even edge lightning or a pop up. I tried modifying different settings but its just staying black. Is this a missing feature?
8 REPLIES 8
Yahtzee
Cosmic Ray

Re: Notifications are not waking up the screen

Have you tried setting it in the Lock Screen settings?

userp04kzJK2Vx
Constellation

Yes I did, There is not even an option to do it. If there is then can you please say where to navigate

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Check your Status Bar Settings in your Notification settings. From Settings, touch Notifications. Touch Status bar, and then adjust the desired settings.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

SamsungS10User
Astronaut

Is this happening for all notifications ? It doesnt happen for me for messages and phone but for everything else my lock screen does not light up

Eg emails, what's app messages, what's app calls etc.

userp04kzJK2Vx
Constellation

Well I don't have a sim card in the phone. So the lock screen wakes up only for messages and phone?
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You cannot read the content of the notifications with the screen off entirely. Enable Double tap to wake. After a double tap, your lock screen will turn on. Then you can read your notifications. To enable double tap, go to Settings>Advanced features>Motions and gestures.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

SamsungS10User
Astronaut

Right. I haven't played around with edge notifications

But yes on my lock screen, the screen wakes up only for default messages up and calls

On the bright side I don't burn too much battery on other apps notifications since they still show up on my notification bar and I can view them when I am checking my phone

SamsungS10User
Astronaut

This is what I have for notification settings for messages for example