cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

OMADM firmware update error 407

Hello Samsung

When can we expect a resolution for the now widely reported issue updating the OMADM and the 407 error?

And before you suggest that it might be an issue with my provider, let me tell you that it is not: I see people here coming from Tmobile, AT&T, Sprint, etc. And in common all of us complaining are users of samsung cell phones...

Also, do not try to suggest that:

1. Remove SIM from SIM card tray and re-insert SIM. -> NO MESSAGE DOES NO DISAPPEAR!
  2. Go to Settings > Apps > System apps > OMADM > force stop. -> THE SYSTEM DOESN'T EVEN ALLOW ME TO FORCE STOP THE APP.
  3. Go to Settings > Apps > System apps > OMADM > Storage > clear data. -> DOES NOT WORK EITHER

It have been facing this issue for the past two weeks. If you guys can't fixed then let us go to the previous firmware version.

I have used S3, S4, S7, S9 and now S10 cell phones. Honestly it seems that with every new version Samsung only gets worse!

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: OMADM firmware update error 407

and spent hours trying to fix this , get help on line and on the phone. FIX This.
Highlighted
Astronaut

This error is so annoying!
Highlighted
Asteroid

Like apparently thousands of people, this error is happening to me.  I called my carrier who sent me to Samsung customer care who told me the temporary fix (force stop ODADM and remove memory/cache).  But it is very annoying.  Wish I could ROLL BACK the OS to prior to the update that skrewed everything up--can do that with windows, but can't figure out how to do it with my android phone.  Hate to attempt a root just to get rid of this error, but....

Highlighted
Constellation

honestly, im thinking of going back to iphone. I finally switch over and this happens the first month smh

Highlighted
Constellation

I had the same issue for weeks. I went to Settings _ Software Update _ Download and Install. There was a release on 8/1, i did a manual update and it looks to be working fine now. I have s10+ with Tmobile
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: OMADM firmware update error 407

I also have a s10+ with t-mobile. how did you do a manual update?
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

How did you do a manual update?

Highlighted
Astronaut

this needs to be fixed immediately. if not getting a 407 im getting a 700
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: OMADM firmware update error 407

I get both