cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

One UI 2.0 Navigation bar missing an option

Hi,

My S10+ got recently updated and I am missing some of the old features from the last version. I still use the old fashioned navigation bar with Back and three line buttons. Before the update, the square Home button had the gesture function to slide left or right to switch between apps in the background. This function is missing from the navigation bar (with the buttons) in the 2.0. I don't want to switch to the full screen gestures only to get that app switch gesture, because I find the Back button right under my thumb more intuitive. I hope you'd add that switch gesture to the old square Home button again.

Another problem with the navigation bar is the adaptive change of color. As a fan of dark mode, it annoys me very much when anything white appears on the screen. On some apps (e.g. Instagram, s. picture) the navigation menu becomes white even the app itself is in the dark mode. I'd very appreciate it if the nav. menu kept being dark all the time.

Screenshot_Instagram.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: One UI 2.0 Navigation bar

Yeah mate I've just need searching the internet now for hours and hours and I'm realising that this feature is gone and it's really frustrating that they just cut out features that people like... I literally used to use it everyday so it's a real pain. Just like the Tap to Translate feature which was really handy if you speak other languages. 

If lots of people complain who knows it might come back but I realise that these companies and actually listen to their customers and do any that the want.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: One UI 2.0 Navigation bar

Yeah, that was the only gesture i needed. Hope they'll bring it back.