cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

One UI 2.0, how can I disable the swiping gesture to the last used app?

I observe that there is a feature that I can swipe from left to right near the navigation bar to quickly return to the last used app (it is different from 'recent apps' which displays many recent ones. It directly goes back to the last used one). I don't like this feature though. In some apps I need to swipe around the screen bottom and often unwantedly activate this gesture. Can I disable it? Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: One UI 2.0, how can I disable the swiping gesture to the last used app?

@userNobksu1mlX Have you tried going into your settings> advanced features> motion and gestures

Highlighted
Constellation

There's nothing there to disable the function 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give this a try: go to settings > display > navigation bar > tap more under full-screen gestures and you will be able to select the option you want to use on your device

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Screenshot_20200210-025731_Settings.jpg

There's no option there 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, Android Version, and service provider?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung S10+

baseband: G975U1UES3CTA3

Android 10

Verizon

Highlighted
Constellation

I have a similar problem, under the full screen gestures, the "More Options" is blocked out and I cannot access it. I have a feeling that this is the reason that my apps are closing on me everytime I type a message (Text, Whatsapp).

Model # SM-G975U1

Baseband - G975U1UES3CTA3

Ver 10 UI 2

Service Provider is Tmobile but I bought the phone factory unlocked.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Samsung_gPYb3up Have you tried Force Stopping and Clearing the Cache of the apps that are giving you trouble?

Highlighted
Constellation

I tried this and to no avail. I regret upgrading to Android 10 for these reasons.  As the app just closed on me again.