cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Product Expert

Re: One UI 2.1

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Gera1214 ,

Thats great 👍🏼 and glad this was helpful if you can select solution for me. 

Best Regards,

JORTIZ_12

Highlighted
Star

I have a snapdragon unlocked s10+ and I wanted to know when are we getting the U.I 2.1 UPDATE?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi @Eman213 

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carrier's discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, the update should be released in the following weeks.

you can try to check if you have an update available by following these instructions.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077582/

doing it in the smart switch be your best option if you have a computer.

Note " if you have an unlock model it is better to check the update while the sim card is removed"

We appreciate your loyalty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I Have an Samsung s10+ that hasnt updated the software since a month after buying it which was July 30 2019 and nothing has worked reset, factory reset nothing! So now what do I do to get rid of that update and start over or to get this darn phone to start updating? 1000 dollar phone and it dont work right and nobody wants to replace it!!!!!! Doug

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi @userQSquMgdRoc 

you can update it using a computer and smart switch 

using Smart switch on a Computer

First things first—you’re going to need a copy of Smart Switch installed on your computer. Go ahead and grab the download from here and get it installed.

Next, connect your Galaxy phone and let’s do this thing.

With your phone connected over USB, fire up Smart Switch. It should take a few moments to look for your phone, and then automatically connect. If you’re using a secured lock screen, you’ll need to unlock the device before Smart Switch can connect.

After the connection is established and your phone is unlocked, Smart Switch lets you know if there’s an update available. If there’s something to install, click the “Update” button.

A dialog box pops up, letting you know that it’s going to update your phone to the latest version. Click “Continue” to get started.

Another window pops up with some general warning and notes. Click “All Confirmed” to continue.

The download should start immediately. Depending on the size of the update file and your internet connection, this could take a bit.

When it’s finished downloading, the software update begins. If you’re using a Windows PC, you may have to grant UAC access here before it will install.

The installation takes a bit of time—just let it do its thing while you go get a coffee.

While it’s finished, the phone automatically reboots into Download mode—don’t panic, this is normal! The progress bar on both the phone and Smart Switch window will let you know how things are coming along. Again, just chill and let it do its thing.

When it’s finished, a pop up lets you know that the update is complete and that you need to disconnect and reconnect the cable.

If you want to continue using Smart Switch for any reason, disconnect and reconnect. If you only needed to update, you’re finished here and can just disconnect your phone.

hopefully, this will help with your problem

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you

Highlighted
Astronaut

Update to s10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my Samsung s10 last March in 2019, yet when I look at the software information my phone is still at "android version 9." While the rest of my family(we all bought s10 phones the same day for a deal) has already updated their phones and using the android version 10, I am still stuck with version 9.

Can someone help me?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Update to s10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Different carriers push the update at different times. If your phone is not automatically updating, you can follow these steps to manually update your device. 

1. Open Settings from the app drawer or home screen.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
  3. Tap Software update.

4. Tap Download and install to manually initiate an update.
  5. Your phone will connect to the server to see if an OTA update is available.
  6. If there is an update waiting, your phone will automatically commence the download

7. You can select to install the update right away by tapping the Install now option or defer it by tapping Schedule install.
  8. Tapping Scheduled install lets you select a time for when the update will be installed. Pick your desired time and tap Ok.
  9. You'll see a confirmation of the scheduled install, and the update will be installed automatically at that time.

I hope that helps!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. My phone haven't been updated sent February 2019. I'm not sure of what to do about the situation.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been selecting Software Update in the settings for about a month now, yet when I click check for updates, my phone continues to say that my phone is up to date.

I know it is not up to date since then it would be at version 10 instead of version 9.

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please check for software update in the settings