cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Optimizing and permissions to storage???

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My members app is saying it wants permission to my storage but I dont know if I should give it permission to it or not like why does it want in my storage and what will it do to my phone . And my phone is saying my optimizing is poor what does that mean?? And what should I keep optimized can someone explain it to me please I'm so confused lol thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Optimizing and permissions to storage???

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As for bluetooth and wifi, you can leave them on all the time if you want. It doesn't affect battery life that much but I would suggest turning them off when they are mot needed. Wifi especially when you are not at home or work as a safety feature.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Optimizing means shutting off some apps to save battery, clearing out unused or unnecessary files, turning things like bluetooth and wifi off, and other ways to save space and battery. The app needs permissions in order to do this. It also needs permissions to change system setting for the sane reason. You don't need to allow those permissions but optimizing via the app won't work, as well as other app specific features. You can allow the permissions and it won't harm your phone or delete any of your private data like contacts, picfures,ect.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks but do I need the blue tooth on at all times and should my wyfi stay on all the time like do I want to allow permission to optimize my wyfi . I have unlimited data and unlimited text and calling plan so I'm not worried about my data being used up or anything I'm just basically phone illiterate and I dont know if I need the wyfi on all the time or just when I want to use it? Same with blue tooth can you help me again please

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's difficult to explain here so I would suggest doing a Google search but you can set up your phone to optimize itself every day and also use adaptive battery feature to help extend battery life. YouTube has some good videos that shows you what to do.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As for bluetooth and wifi, you can leave them on all the time if you want. It doesn't affect battery life that much but I would suggest turning them off when they are mot needed. Wifi especially when you are not at home or work as a safety feature.

View solution in original post