Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userNNIW72Bmn6
Asteroid

Over the Horizon insisting on being my Notification sound

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"Over the Horizon" (which is a Ringtone not a Text Message Sound) is the Text notification I get for all numbers that I haven't assigned a custom notification.  This is despite the fact that I have assigned a default notification tone that is NOT Over the Horizon.  I've even tried to delete that Ringtone but the Ringtones and Notification tones are not visible to the MyFiles or even MS File Explorer.

Can anyone solve this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Over the Horizon insisting on being my Notification sound

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNNIW72Bmn6 We were referring the whole device. Here are the steps to perform this troubleshooting step. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28862

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

userNNIW72Bmn6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your quick reply.  Would that be in the Application Manager or is that a cache for the whole device?  I went into Application Manager/Messages and cleared that cache (under storage).  Hopefully that will work.  Thanks for the tip.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNNIW72Bmn6 We were referring the whole device. Here are the steps to perform this troubleshooting step. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28862

userNNIW72Bmn6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for staying with me.  Yep that did it!!!! Thanks so much.  It was driving me crazy.

userNNIW72Bmn6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, it seems I spoke too soon.  I think it happens when I receive texts from non-conventional numbers.  For example whenever I sign up for a new service and it requires to send me a text with a security verification number.  That text number, e.g. from Uber or a bank is only 4 digits.  That's when I get the blaring "Over the Horizon" notification.  If I can't fix it, I'd like to simply delete the ringtone however, Samsung hides the ringtones.  The folder is visible but the files are hidden.  If anyone knows how I can view and delete a Ringtone file, I'd appreciate it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there,

Have you tried testing in safe mode to see if the same symptoms still appear?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can search for horizon inside My Files and delete it by longpressing file.

Samsung_K9ZqZ5n
Astronaut

Need ringtones

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Need ringtones