Original topic:

My Samsung Galaxy S10 is overheating

(Topic created: 04-23-2019 01:30 PM)
useryMPyB7b9Bc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I have a bought a Samsung Galaxy S10, and the first 30 minutes, it's overheating. The back and the sides are hot. Why is this happening?
270 Replies
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It sounds like you might need a service repair. Would you mind sending me a private message with your full model code and IMEI number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Scotty729
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Jace

Yes just following up on the overheating on my flashy s10e. 

Imei

<hidden>

Scott

@SamsungJace wrote:

It sounds like you might need a service repair. Would you mind sending me a private message with your full model code and IMEI number?

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My apologies I'll need you to click on that private message link or go to my profile and select private message there so I can get your information passed along to our specialty team. As my team needs a bit of personal information that we don't want to make public to other users.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userJd7srG7cQf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ordered two new Galaxy S10e, one for me, one for my husband.  Mine is working ok, my husband's was burning up.  I requested a return and ordered a new one, which arrived today.  It is burning up too, too hot to touch.  In comparison, mine is cool and normal.  Very distraught, will now have to ask Amazon to take this one back.  Looked at all of the suggestions, rebooting, closing apps, etc etc., ended up doing factory resets on both, and they both still felt like a hot potato right out of the oven..I think Samsung needs to get serious abou fixing this.

0 Likes
Savior
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

U know what's crazy my s9 is so hot u can cook eggs on it and I need the phone cuz I work from my phone I had this phone not even a year I contacted Samsung and at&t since November and nothing has changed

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Savior can I please have your ticket number in a private message?

0 Likes
userS0mBBE4Qgb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same, my S10+ is starting to get really hot. It happens when I'm on LTE, doesn't seem to happen when using WIFI. I had to take it out of my pocket the other day as I could feel it through my pants. At it's worse it's too hot to touch. I hope a solution is coming soon.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userS0mBBE4Qgb can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

0 Likes
userYlyoeRO3v5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My s10e also overheats sometimes while fast charging (not using the phone).  Doesn't happen all the time but when it does it goes into "phone temperture is too high to charge" mode.  I have to unplug and let it cool for around 4 minutes before it will accept charge again.  The phone is quite hot front and back.  Quite a fire hazard if you ask me as it is just sitting there charging.  It is very worysome since the weather currently is quite cool.  I can't imagine what would happen to the phone when the weather heats up.  I have Galaxy Note 8, s8, s9 and none of them heat up like this.

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello @userYlyoeRO3v5

Can you please send us a private message with the below information here: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model Number:
(15) Digit IMEI Number:

0 Likes