Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userr1QaQkmAYx
Asteroid

Overheating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

I just moved from an iphone to a samsung and have the problem of overheating, phone restarting and random times when i can't get reception. I am on Sprint and I've read that this might be part of the problem. My wife had the same issue, and we've given up with hers and went back to Apple as a working phone is a necessary part of her job. Any recent solutions to this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userr1QaQkmAYx
Asteroid

Re: Overheating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks Leon - I think that's correct. I tried already, but have to take it to a different city in order to do so as it was brought 6 weeks ago and the limit is 30 days

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
FatherSans
Explorer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dont use the device consistently while its charging. Go to Device Care and do a sweep for any battery anomalie, and make sure your power setting is on optimized. Other than that check to see if any apps downloaded are throttling your CPU for some reason. Its very rarely ever the case that the lithium battery has a defect, but software, other hardware, user manipulation of the device are prominently the cause.

userr1QaQkmAYx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the advice

FatherSans
Explorer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also if you have Sprint Complete, contact Asurion about a replacement of some sorts, see if there is a deductible. That's worst case scenario.

Pwest
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try to factory reset it maybe an app causing the problem 

Happy Samsunging 😎

Peter West 

Walmart wireless Canada 

Finnirish12
Explorer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s10 plus is on performance mode and 1440 everything is turned up. And I game on it like 8 hours a day. Also while charging. Never had 1 problem.

SamsungLeon
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You need a replacement asap. Take it back and get another samsung phone.

userr1QaQkmAYx
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks Leon - I think that's correct. I tried already, but have to take it to a different city in order to do so as it was brought 6 weeks ago and the limit is 30 days

View solution in original post

Highlighted
userVaQGPsnNm1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Only happens in the sun for me