cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Overheating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I purchased a galaxy s10+ a week ago, and the left side of my phone has been overheating so much that I have to shut my phone down to let it cool off. Is there something I can do?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Overheating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah, all reports I have seen involved with overheating were on Sprint as well.. atm there doesn't seem to be a solution for this other then hoping Samsung/sprint comes out with an update that improves reception which they have already stated they've been working on.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNIBNa49dgX So heres the thing I did not with my S10 but I had the same issue with my S7 so many times so the best solution that I came up was get a plastic bag like a sandwich plastic bag and put water in it. Make sure its code and place it over your phone and give it about 5 minutes and it should take care of it

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNIBNa49dgX let me know if that works

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know that it would work but why would it be heating up in my pocket when I'm not using it?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do not have any answers for you. In my opinion, a new phone should not be doing that, regardless of how many bank ground tasks you have going. My personal advice is to go trade it in for a different one.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After playing pubg on max settings and on performance mode for an hour, my phone gets mildly warm. Definitely a defect. Call up samsung support and try and get it replaced.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i'm purchased maybe week ago my phone overheating too. its so much did you get solve ?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this happen if your device is in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam

Yes it happens all the time

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is your service provider? From many of the reports I've read here the number one issue for this overheating has to do with the phone constantly searching for service. If you notice you have little to no bars when it starts to heat up this could very well be your issue.