cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krodizzle
Constellation

PLEASE HELP: I don't want to power button to end my call. How do I do that?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can someone help me figure out how to stop the power button from ending a call? I am often on conference calls with bluetooth headphones, and when I need to view the sceen again (e.g., usually when someone asks me a question and I need to unmute myself to answre), I pick up my phone and the screen is black (it doesn't always reactiviate the display when I pick it up). The only way I can think of turning the screen on again is if I press the power button, but then the call is ended. How can I stop this from happening? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: PLEASE HELP: I don't want to power button to end my call. How do I do that?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Krodizzle, I hope you're having a great day so far.

I believe I have a solution for you.

1. Open the Phone app
  2. Press the menu button on the top right
  3. Press Settings
  4. Press Answering and ending calls
  5. Uncheck "Press power key to end."

That should resolve your issue. If for whatever reason you'd like to keep the power key to end call option turned on, you can always enable "tap to wake" to turn the screen back on. You'd just need to double tap the screen to turn it on. To enable Tap to Wake, navigate to: Settings>Advanced features>Motions and gestures>Double tap to wake.

I hope this helps and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Krodizzle, I hope you're having a great day so far.

I believe I have a solution for you.

1. Open the Phone app
  2. Press the menu button on the top right
  3. Press Settings
  4. Press Answering and ending calls
  5. Uncheck "Press power key to end."

That should resolve your issue. If for whatever reason you'd like to keep the power key to end call option turned on, you can always enable "tap to wake" to turn the screen back on. You'd just need to double tap the screen to turn it on. To enable Tap to Wake, navigate to: Settings>Advanced features>Motions and gestures>Double tap to wake.

I hope this helps and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

Krodizzle
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THANK YOU SO MUCH @Rydah  !!!!! Smiley Happy <3 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your welcome. Glad I was able to help. Feel free to drop by whenever you need help. Smiley Happy Have a great rest of your day!!!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador