cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Grumpy_OB
Constellation

Phone Restarts

From the first day, my S10+ restarts itself sometime during the night. Since the phone doesn't "start up" until a PIN is entered, it's pretty much the same as the phone being off. I've tried leaving the phone in Safe Mode overnight to no avail.

I need to be able to receive a phone call which won't happen and an alarm program won't work until after a PIN is entered.

Anyone else have this problem or preferably, have a solution?

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Phone Restarts

@Grumpy_OB  go to Settings>Device Care>Select the three dots top right>Select Auto Restart>make sure it's turned off. 

userTodv8ADWcu
Constellation

Mine was rebooting randomly after setup from backup. Did a reset and manually setup apps. Was good for 2 days now randomly rebooting every day. Not sure if it's an app problem or hardware. I think I will just have to take to Samsung store to look at.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userTodv8ADWcu Does this happen when you are in safe mode?

userTodv8ADWcu
Constellation

I haven't tried safe mode yet. So far I'm about a day and half without random reboot.  Kind of wish there was some kind of logging to tell me if it's a background app causing issue or something.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userTodv8ADWcu Safe mode will disable all of your third-party apps. Keep us posted to see if you are still experiencing the same issues while you are in safe mode.

Robert3301
Asteroid

Check in device care settings to see if your auto restart is on or off.

userkyWeBP9j0H
Asteroid

I am having the same issue . So it's a widespread issue it seems. I posted on Reddit someone else was having the same issue. I a fresh install, no restore from backup up. Seems to happen in the middle of the night. Auto restart isn't on. The phone is off waiting for me to put in my password showing the android P logo. It says phone rebooted, please enter password.

This is really annoying. It caused me to miss an appointment because my alarm didn't go off since phone was rebooted. Really bad problem. We need a solution. I was going to return my phone this week. Maybe it's software ?

Also, the safe mode thing isn't really helpful, since the issue is intermittent. Sometimes it will reboot over night, sometimes it won't. Sometimes it will be 2 days, and then it will reboot for the next 3 days in the night. What a ridiculous problem to have! My phone has minimal apps, like Whatsapp and some google apps added. I don't need safe mode to tell me there's something else going on here.

I also tested the Auto Optimize feature (Not Auto restart) by enabling and disabling, seems that the issue is not caused by this either. I've also wiped cache partition (which helped for 2 days) then it started again. So unsure that is related.

Im using a wireless charger in the middle of the night if that matters. I noticed another thread on this fourm for the same topic here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Random-restart/m-p/500236#M5330

Reddit posts:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/b1ll88/galaxy_s10_rebooting_constan...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/b25hf5/restarting/

Ps this site is garbage on mobile
Can't even copy and paste in the reply box

/

BEEGOCC
Asteroid

Can a factory reset works ?

userNLto5gUKzv
Constellation

I've got the same problem, it renders the morning alarm useless. What the heck is going on?