cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTyoOgSFPji
Astronaut

Phone call audio switches to speaker when disconnected from bluetooth

I have Galaxy s10 plus. My phone call audio output switches automatically to speaker when phone is disconnected from Bluetooth, which kind of annoying and privacy issue.

Also phone dialer speaker icon shows unselected even though audio is coming through speaker phone.

Is anybody encountering similar issue.

8 REPLIES 8
uservOC4ivDNnc
Astronaut

Re: Phone call audio switches to speaker when disconnected from bluetooth

Just met the same on S10e. Twice switched from to speaker during call. Had to press Speaker icon twice to switch it back. The only thing could happen during call was disconnecting from bluetooth device (non audio) .

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you updated the device recently?

userHuIletzQ0Q
Constellation

Hi, I have the same problem. It also happens to me when I'm talking with bluetooth headphones. I have reviewed and there are no pending updates, as of today. How did you fix this error?

Samsung s10+, 512gb, Black Ceramics 

Software Versión: G975U1UES1ASDB/G975U1OYM1ASDB/G975U1UES1ASDB

Security Patc: May 1, 2019

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

uservOlWP1IJJs
Constellation

I have a similiar problem. When I am on a call the phone will randomly switch to speaker and the callers voice is now very loud and this can cause privacy issues in my office at work. I have tried turning off wifi calling (didn't work), looking through other posts it seems it could be an issue with bluetooth, I have bluetooth on all the time or it could be WIFI connection.

The issue seems rather random. I took my S10+ into a Samsung shop and I couldn't replicate the issue (typical!) but back in the office it had the problem straight away. So thats why I was suspecting the WIFI.

Does anyone else have this issue, its making the phone useless for me. I have come from an iPhone to this!

Help. I have spent over a £1000  !!!

userHuIletzQ0Q
Constellation

It happens exactly the same. I think it also has to do with WiFi and bluetooth. It is difficult to replicate this error, but what I assure you is that the error happens when you least expect it.

uservOlWP1IJJs
Constellation

So just run a test this morning. My wife rang my S10+. WIFI was ON. Bluetooth was ON. Within 30 seconds the phone switched over to speaker during the call. Then proceeded to switch randomly during a call lasting about 3 mins.

I am currently in my office connected to WIFI. So was expecting a call from a consultant, so switched OFF WIFI. Waited for call then had a 45 min conversation and the phone NEVER switched on the speaker, everything was good.

So.......it appears the issue is with WIFI.

I have Data Roaming OFF

VoLTE calls OFF

Nearby device scanning OFF

Download booster ON

VPN OFF

Bluetooth ON

Phone visibility OFF

Can anyone suggest what is causing the WIFI to make the calls audio switch to speaker randomly during a call, only when I am connected to WIFI?

This is the reason that when at a Samsung Service Centre the fault didn't arise as I was NOT connected to WIFI at that point.

Any ideas?

I wish I had sent this phone back within the 30 day period and gone back to an iPhone!!!!! Actually it did not have this feature to start with so probably added during a firmware update.

NOT HAPPY.

userVijwjnPNPd
Astronaut

THIS would explain why I would have this issue while driving I think! I work for a telco company and our company has access points in the community throughout the city in high population areas as a "Community Wifi". So as I was driving my phone picked up this network and tried to connect or got disconnected as I drove out of its wifi range. 

Annoying that I have to turn my wifi off all the time while driving! ESPECIALLY since it turns the wifi back on automatically when you're at home using GPS so I constantly have to turn the wifi off!