cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Phone constantly freezing

So I got the galaxy S10 plus a year ago and I have been running into issues of constant freezing for my device. The phone would work normally for a few minutes, but then the touch screen would randomly become unresponsive. When I try and unlock my screen by using the pin the screen does not work and I have to use my face ID in order to unlock my phone. Then when I force restart my phone I can't unlock my phone again because it requires the pin only on start up. Now at this point I can't unlock my phone at all and I have to restart my phone multiple times, clearing the cache, and wiping the device multiple times just for a chance for it to work normally. Is there an actual way to fix this issue? I looked up online and all the solutions are the same.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Phone constantly freezing

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out, I can understand how theses symptoms would be frustrating and I would like to assist you. Could you elaborate on the troubleshooting done for the symptoms so far? One thing I would recommend doing is to test the device in safe mode to see if the symptoms continue. You can do so by following these steps.

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on screen
Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode.
The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

Let me know how if performs in safe mode!

Highlighted
Constellation

So I the methods I have used so far is forced restart by using the power button and the volume down key, the second one is wiping the cache partition, and the third would be wiping my device (but the issues comes back anyways after a few days).

I have booted into safe mode before but it is inconsistent most of the time the phone would work in safe mode, but there are times in safe mode where I also experienced the freezing issue.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

After performing that troubleshooting and still experiencing the symptoms in safe mode I would like to look into this further for you. Could you please provide me with your model and IMEI number in a private message? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar  

Thank you