cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Phone dials automatically in endless loop over Bluetooth connection

I have a weird issue with my S10 and Bluetooth:

Paired the phone successfully with an Audio Receiver (MAXXTER BT RECEIVER). When starting a music player app the phone automatically dials a German landline number I was in contact with a few days ago. After manually disconnecting the call the number is dialed again automatically (endless loop). The only way to resolve this is to deactivate the option "Call" in the Bluetooth settings of this specific connection.

Same issue with different music player apps: "BlackPlayer" as well as the built-in Samsung "Audio & Music Player".

I haven't seen this phenomenon with any other BT device.

This is not an urgent issue, but it's really weird. Any ideas?

Olaf

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Phone dials automatically in endless loop over Bluetooth connection

I would like to look into this for you. Let's look at a couple of things first.

Have you made sure your phone is up to date on its software?

Does it perform the same way under safe mode?

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you for the quick reply.  S10 software release is current: G973FXXS4BTB3 / G973FOVF4BTAB / G973FXXU4BTB1, Android 10.

Unfortunately it will be difficult to reproduce the issue since it happend at a friend of mine in the Netherlands. When I visit him again in a few weeks I will follow your proposals.

The strange thing about this issue is the fact that a Bluetooth connection with channels "Audio" and Calls" is established with an audio-only device (BT audio receiver <edit>) in the first place. This does not occur with other BT audio devices I use.

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

No problem keep us posted on how things go.