cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Phone freeze

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I have cleaned and deleted things not being used and unnecessary apps but it's still doing it. Anyone else having this problem.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Phone freeze

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can get the device into safe mode very easily with these few steps! 

-Press and hold down the power button on your phone

-3 options should appear Power Off, Restart, and Emergency Mode.

-On the screen press and hold down on the power off option, after a brief moment of holding it down should cause it to change to Safe Mode.

-Tap on Safe Mode

-The device will restart after selecting this and when it boots up your phone should be in Safe Mode. You can verify this by looking in the bottom left of your screen and a transparent grey box should be there saying Safe Mode in it.

-Go ahead and use the device and see if it freezes up on you again.

To get the phone out of Safe Mode, all that needs to be done is restart the device and it will be out of Safe Mode when it powers up. 

Let me know how it works for you!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you Booted to Safe Mode and tested your phone to see if it's still having that problem?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you elaborate more on the phone freezing? Also, testing the device in safe mode is a great troubleshooting step, have you been able to try this yet?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How does one go to safe mode.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It happens at different times but always in the middle of using it. I'm very good at closing apps and doing the optimization.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can get the device into safe mode very easily with these few steps! 

-Press and hold down the power button on your phone

-3 options should appear Power Off, Restart, and Emergency Mode.

-On the screen press and hold down on the power off option, after a brief moment of holding it down should cause it to change to Safe Mode.

-Tap on Safe Mode

-The device will restart after selecting this and when it boots up your phone should be in Safe Mode. You can verify this by looking in the bottom left of your screen and a transparent grey box should be there saying Safe Mode in it.

-Go ahead and use the device and see if it freezes up on you again.

To get the phone out of Safe Mode, all that needs to be done is restart the device and it will be out of Safe Mode when it powers up. 

Let me know how it works for you!

View solution in original post