cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuanRuiz
Astronaut

Phone is not charging! S10e

Im in a vacations trip at the beach, eventhough I know my phone has Ip68 certification I don't sumerge it on the pool or the sea. Nevertheless I dont worry too much y some drops of water touch it. So yesterday at the beach some drops of water got on the phone I did'nt mind until I got to the hotel and phone wouldnt charge because "There was moisture in the charging port" so waited until the mosture went away and it worked properly. Today when I was about to charge my phone it stoped charging and now when I conect it does nothing, in few words my phone doesnt want to charge, I need help!!

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Phone is not charging! S10e

Hey there!

I would recommend giving this troubleshooting article a try: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001449/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted

You can put your phone in a bag of dry rice.  Leave it for a few hours, than try it. 

Buddy10165
Constellation

If you plugged it in when there were still moisture in the charging port then that could be the problem you can take it to a local retailer to get it checked out

Ejm5560
Galaxy

Your phone doesnt need to be dropped it water to collect moisture. You were near bodies of water. Heavy moisture around it, also sand is an issue. It sounds like you fried your charging port so I suggest you go to a authorized retailer and get it checked up/fixed.

userw9ERBmSSOf
Asteroid

Never hurts to try cleaning the port. Water on the port seems to love to cause corrosion and oxidation right away so take a Q-Tip and tear bits off and stuff them gently into the port until it's full and using a needle gently swabthe port. Then use the needle to remove all the cotton.

Might be able to also use rubbing alcohol in the port and then stuff it full. That's what I did but I'm not going to reccomend putting a liquid in the port since I'm uncertain of any side effects.

BEE11
Asteroid

I've heard you need to let it dry for up to 24-48hrs if u plan on wetting it. While that happens u can always wirelessly charge it. I've gone swimming with my phone and I wouldn't wire charge it for 2 days JUST TO BE SAFE and so far so good. Works fine.