My Samsung Galaxy 10e was subjected to an update this morning. The front camera setting is gone. Nothing is aligned. I tried adjusting the font size but words are cut off or not even showing up. My phone is not working properly at all. Customer service's advice was to wait for the next update (no time frame was given). I need a phone that works and settings that allow for customization. Apparently there is no way to undo or revert the update. Unreal. Switching back to iPhone that isn't making these terrible, forced changes to devices
Have you attempted to wipe the system cache partition since the update?
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them, and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently. A periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Performing this is safe and will not delete any important data stored on your device. You are more than welcome to fully back up your phone before doing this to ensure you will not lose any data.
No- I didn't get past holding down all 3 buttons. As I said, nothing happened. I held them down for about 5 minutes and then screen didn't change or even go to the lock screen. I have a Galaxy s10e.
I did all of those steps and called the support center and did a factory rest of my galaxy s10 plus and it DOES NOT bring that option to hide the front camera back. This reply has been on nearly every post...
Yes the customer support told me to wait for the next update. But the posts with this complaint go back to August 2020. Clearly, this isn't going to be fixed. The black sphere on the upper corner is annoying and causing me so much anxiety. Besides the fact that all my settings are altered and nothing is working correctly. I can't read half the text in my apps despite adjusting the text size and screen zoom. I may need to get a new device because this update ruined my s10e. (It definitely won't be a Samsung).
I have a galaxy s10 plus and I can confirm that not even a factory reset will bring that option back. I am super upset about this and considering changing brands because of how frustrating this is.