cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Galaxy

Phone keypad search

When we use the phone keypad numbers to find a contact and the contact appears inbthe list, when we tap the contact, it should call. Why do we have to then tap the green call icon after that. Is there a reason tobtake 2 steps on that?

4 REPLIES 4
Product Expert

Re: Phone keypad search

Sorry for the frustration but the reason may be something that makes sense in a way. The second step might be due to options, maybe you wanted to vidoe chat or text instead of calling. Hope this helps

Highlighted
Galaxy

Ok, why is the video call button grayed out. Is that only able to be used with others who have S10 or later phones? Which phones would the video call function work with?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Video calling is a Carrier Specific Feature. In order to use Video calling from your Native Phone app, the carrier must authorize the feature and allow it as a feature on your account with them. If they don't support the feature, a third party app would be required in order to make video calls. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Galaxy

Aah ok. Makes sense. Thanks. I havent used it so I am unfamiliar. Now I know. Does the phone model also matter or if it has a camera then it will work?