cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grandmom
Astronaut

The only thing I lost was what I hadn't backed up from to...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only thing I lost was what I hadn't backed up from today. It is working great now.

BigB1977
Constellation

Re: The only thing I lost was what I hadn't backed up from to...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was thinking about doing the same, but the only hesitation that I have is that since the update is now in the phone, is it gonna keep locking you out?

Grandmom
Astronaut

I haven't had an issues since.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't had an issues since.

Snowleopard1
Constellation

Re: I haven't had an issues since.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you been prompted to do the system update since the reset? Also, have you turned off your phone since then? I was locked out yesterday but after 30 min chat with Samsung I was able to get my phone to accept my password after a hard stop. The phone said "loading " for about 10 min then finally opened my home screen. However, last night I turned it off when I went to bed like I always have and then this morning it was asking for a password again even though I had set it up for swipe unlock. I am now locked out and doing a hard stop several times has not had the same result as yesterday. 

userUZiVR9OoY1
Constellation

Re: Password problem since system update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to me as well. Very frustrating...I'm trying to avoid doing the hard reset as of now because I'm worried some of my important information isnt backed up... hard lesson to learn I guess. Hoping they figure it out soon.

Highlighted
userwd0ELti519
Asteroid

Homescreen password entry is not working after system update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi There!

Just wondering if someone out there experienced same problem with Galaxy S10.

Mine and my husband 's phone are the same except for color. I updated my phone without problem and he updated his phone on the same day. Here is the problem, after updates my husband's phone will not unlock even when the passcode is correct. We tried to enter it more than 5 times, homescreen still not unlock. We are pretty sure that the passcode is correct because when we enter wrong passcode and its tell us wrong passcode then after more than 5 times of entering wrong passcode, it tells us that we need to wait about 30 sec to try again.

Unfortunately, we only have the phone for more than a month and he haven't setup the "findmyphone" yet therefore he can't unlock it remotely. 

Then, we tried to reset it (by erasing it) using google device manager but will not reset. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Homescreen password entry is not working after system update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, are you able to reset the device using the hard keys?

userwd0ELti519
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No. not yet. We were advice by the customer service to wait if maybe the updates are not done. More than 12 hours, still the same. We are waiting for the phone to run out of charge so we can perhaps shut it down and turn it on again.

The thing is, mine is working after the updates and I did not have the problem because my homescreen is not yet password protected.

Since, his phone is just a little over a month and not much gonna lose, we have asked the customer service to assist us to reset his device. We tried google device manager but nothing happened. Although we got email from google that it will issue "erase content" once phone is not offline which is not the case because looks like phone still have ATTsignals and also connected to our  phone is our home wifi.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, we can not assist with the passcode, but I recommend trying your passcode again after the device has run out of charge and you recharge it.

userPaPbmxR2N0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been told 4 different things from Samsung chat not to mention the phone for support has been busy all day. An international company and the support rings busy?  How is this issues fixed without wiping my phone??? I've been told to "just wait it will be fixed very soon" stil nothing and now chat says I'll need to ship my phone to them to unlock it?