cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Homescreen password entry is not working after system update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, are you able to reset the device using the hard keys?

userwd0ELti519
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No. not yet. We were advice by the customer service to wait if maybe the updates are not done. More than 12 hours, still the same. We are waiting for the phone to run out of charge so we can perhaps shut it down and turn it on again.

The thing is, mine is working after the updates and I did not have the problem because my homescreen is not yet password protected.

Since, his phone is just a little over a month and not much gonna lose, we have asked the customer service to assist us to reset his device. We tried google device manager but nothing happened. Although we got email from google that it will issue "erase content" once phone is not offline which is not the case because looks like phone still have ATTsignals and also connected to our  phone is our home wifi.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, we can not assist with the passcode, but I recommend trying your passcode again after the device has run out of charge and you recharge it.

userPaPbmxR2N0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been told 4 different things from Samsung chat not to mention the phone for support has been busy all day. An international company and the support rings busy?  How is this issues fixed without wiping my phone??? I've been told to "just wait it will be fixed very soon" stil nothing and now chat says I'll need to ship my phone to them to unlock it?

userI3CZiMKwSX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was told Friday and Sunday they were working on it but today they act like they don’t know the issue I’m referring too!!! I am not amused!

userp4OcXEDqsx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
  • I’ve been having the same issue since the June system update.  I’ve been told that many others are having the same issue and that Samsung is aware.  Can one of the moderators update us and let us know 1) that Samsung is aware of the issue and 2) the estimated timing for a fix?
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well if they are and do release a patch, how can the phone download it without being unlocked first? I'm afraid either way you will have to go a factory reset first.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
userI3CZiMKwSX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you received a reply?!?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes!  How do you fix it!?  I was on the phone for over 4 hours with AT&T, Samsung and Google.  I enter my password, the screen goes black then back to the screen asking for my password.  Everyone keeps saying they will have to swipe my phone.  Does anyone have a suggestion?  

userwd0ELti519
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi There...

As of today, there's no other solution other than resetting the phone to factory reset. Aside from not issues on entering the password. We have noticed that although the phone is connected to internet, the phone is offline which support the fact that we cannot "ring" it using google device manager. But the phone can receive calls and text messages (only we can't read it).

As an initial assessment, I think this issue is connected to phones that are password protected since I have the same model and updated (July 4) on the same day.