cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTOaZ2FaQ0G
Constellation

Re: Homescreen password entry is not working after system update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a system update today on my S10; I did not set my phone up with a password.  The system is requesting a password to unlock the phone, which I don't have.  Customer Service told me that I might be able to go to Best Buy and have their technician do a "software reflash"?  Has anyone heard of this?   It's either that or a factory reset.

userSsU0yPwtTD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am so upset about this Samsung update. I got the notice to update last night 7/8/19, I updated this morning. Now my phone is locked and my pin will not unlock it. I've talked to multiple people at Samsung and Verizon and my only option is to do a factory reset resulting in wiping out everything on my phone. This is a known issue and yet Samsung still sends out the update. Why? How is this acceptable?

Michael_C
Cosmic Ray

I'm also having this issue. I was able to unlock my phone...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm also having this issue. I was able to unlock my phone, but only after several tries of entering the correct passcode. Other than this issue, the update is fantastic

userAr17V87ZCZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solution!

I was in the same predicament: after software update on my S10+, my PIN would not unlock the lock screen.  I had tried so many times that I got a warning that if I did not input the correct PIN in the next 5 attempts, a factory reset would occur.   My biggest fear was losing all of my precious photos of my family, which I had stupidly not backed up (nor activated the Samsung Find My Mobile function).

THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ME:

I rebooted the phone in SAFE MODE: Hold both the power button and volume down keys until the phone reboots (you will see the Samsung logo); Release power button, continue to hold volume down until the lock screen shows up and SAFE MODE is displayed in the lower left corner.  My PIN then worked and my phone unlocked!!!!  Now I'm backing up all my photos/videos (and going to register the phone for the Samsung Find My Mobile remote unlock function, I hear that would have worked too).

Hope this works for you guys too.

Password screen since new update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received an update on my S10.  A password screen showed up after the update.  I have entered the password, hit done, a black screen shows up and then the password screen is back.  I have tried safe mode... everything I can think of.  Any suggestions?  I have not had a phone for over 2 days now.   

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Password screen since new update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I tried it last night.  It did not solve the probelm.   Thank you for your help! 

userp4OcXEDqsx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the same issue.  Others are as well.  Samsung sent me to an authorized service center and the folks there said that several others have been in with the same problem.  No resolution that I’m aware of.  Have to wait for Samsung update.  Haven’t seen anything from Samsung yet.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you able to use your phone at all?  I was on the phone with Samsung, AT&T and Google for  hours.  Each one wants to blame the other for the update.  Samsung was even going to send me a new phone.  A new phone was not going to solve the issue of obtaing my information off of my current phone.   

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_1uuanJl Do you have find my mobile set up on your device?