cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Password screen since new update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I tried it last night.  It did not solve the probelm.   Thank you for your help! 

userp4OcXEDqsx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the same issue.  Others are as well.  Samsung sent me to an authorized service center and the folks there said that several others have been in with the same problem.  No resolution that I’m aware of.  Have to wait for Samsung update.  Haven’t seen anything from Samsung yet.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you able to use your phone at all?  I was on the phone with Samsung, AT&T and Google for  hours.  Each one wants to blame the other for the update.  Samsung was even going to send me a new phone.  A new phone was not going to solve the issue of obtaing my information off of my current phone.   

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_1uuanJl Do you have find my mobile set up on your device?

userJtJywueAal
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has happened to me too. This is crazy. I can't believe Samsung sent out an update that has literally locked people out of their phones and they have yet to resolve it. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A Samsung rep yesterday finally sent me a shipping label to send my phone to a Samsung center.  They promised me they can unlock it with out a factory reset.  At this point, it is what it is.  My fingers are crossed.  I asked them why no one tested the update before it was passed along to the phone carrier.  They said Google makes the update and they just pass it along.  It has certainly taught me to make sure everything is always backed up.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I tried it on my own and with a Samsung rep on the phone.  The update turned off the remote unlock option.  Without that option working, it does nothing.  

Azncoltz
Cosmic Ray

Best case scenario is to turn off the phone hold volume u...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Best case scenario is to turn off the phone hold volume up the Bixby button next and power keep holding all those butting see the samsung screen let go I'll take you to recovery wipe partition cache usually works

Re: Best case scenario is to turn off the phone hold volume u...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I did that on the 2nd day.  It did not work.  :I   Thank you for your help Smiley Happy 

@Azncoltz wrote:

Best case scenario is to turn off the phone hold volume up the Bixby button next and power keep holding all those butting see the samsung screen let go I'll take you to recovery wipe partition cache usually works

userXP7CjLa1PO
Constellation

Re: Password problem since system update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys I’m a Verizon Rep and have just encountered this issue. The “solved” solution is not properly communicated. A hard reset will not do a thing. 

The only way way we found would work on two S10 phones was to INCORRECTLY enter the password. Entering this password INCORRECTLY 15 times will cause the phone to factory reset itself allowing you to reset the phone with your gmail. 

A quick caveot, you will need to know your gmail password or a have a device you can reset it from that is not your s10. 

Hopefully this helps.