cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S10+ Still Locked after last system update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why not? A master reset is not all that scary now days since all important data should be backed up in cloud services. What some users have experienced is unfortunate, but even if Samsung does release a fix, those users won't be able to download if they can't get into the phone. If it was me, I'd do a factory reset and just move on with my life.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
farbeyondrivin
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Geno71 wrote:

Why not? A master reset is not all that scary now days since all important data should be backed up in cloud services. What some users have experienced is unfortunate, but even if Samsung does release a fix, those users won't be able to download if they can't get into the phone. If it was me, I'd do a factory reset and just move on with my life.

I am with you on that. Why delay the inevitable.

userWMMqCJbXrs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@Geno71 wrote:

Why not? A master reset is not all that scary now days since all important data should be backed up in cloud services. What some users have experienced is unfortunate, but even if Samsung does release a fix, those users won't be able to download if they can't get into the phone. If it was me, I'd do a factory reset and just move on with my life.

@Geno71 You come across as self-righteous.  Cloud services aren't mandatory and it's irresponsible for Samsung to have done this and not be addressing it with a real solution.  I have photos of my mom and others that are irreplaceable!  That's why a factory reset isn't acceptable.  There wasn't any warning and it needs to be addressed in a professional manner far different than the Samsung Care Advisor title would suggest by your response above.  I'm Team Android and I'm ticked for good reason and speaking with that tone.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Correct, cloud services are not mandatory... but they're there to help with these exact situations. If your pictures, contacts, texts, documents and other important things are safe and backed up, there is absolutely nothing to fear about a factory reset, lost or broken phone, or anything else.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
farbeyondrivin
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFiC78Uu6KM wrote:

My S10+ is still locked from the bugged system update Verizon and other carriers provided last week. What is Samsung doing to fix this issue? A factory reset is NOT an acceptable solution

You will be temprarily bricked and not able to update not willing to FDR and start fresh, and then the device wont lockup again as it is now.

Device is very useless in the current state.

Samsung_EtiQKS1
Astronaut

I hope mine dont do that

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hope mine dont do that

Highlighted
userFiC78Uu6KM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution. Samsung needs to take responsibility for releasing a bugged update that bricked user's phones. I didn't pay $1000 for a device to have an issue caused by the source company only to be told that the only solution is to factory reset my device. Ridiculous.

userABoTuaLmxO
Constellation

Re: Phone locked after last update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And how is it that we're supposed to call these people WHEN OUR PHONES ARE LOCKED UP?

Longov
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE: After calling the number provided here, and sending the phone in, I was given an update they recieved it at the repair center. Some 8 hours later, they call me telling me "our tool that helps bypass this issue is not working on your phone. We will have to factory reset."

Tell me, how on earth do you try once to fix this and that is all you can do? We have given plenty of time for this company to fix their mistake and yet, they failed again. I'm finished with Samsung products of any sort. 

Samsung_qUFlnYc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue still occurring on 09/19/2019. My wife and I got S10's yesterday from Sprint. Her's is locked, mine is fine after update. Samsung FAIL! Maybe a class action lawsuit to compensate people for all their wasted time! She is now headed to Sprint to return it!