JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone locked after last update

(Topic created on: 7/16/19 5:44 PM)
userSoNfi9dGMI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

I updated my phone with the latest software update.  When it restarted it asked me for a password to asccess my device even though I have never set up my phone with a password to access it.  I have tried possible passwords I may have used and my google/verizon/samsung accounts password.  None worked.  I've talked to Verizon and Google support and both recommend a factory reset by neither can reset my phone.  I don't mind doing a factory reset, but I can't even power my phone down to access the boot up options.  I've noticed a few others have had this issue, and I've tried their suggestions but none are working. 

What is the solution that Samsung is working to fix their last update issue?

122 Replies
userA0n1G2EHPv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

I had the same attitude at Verizon. He interrupted me 3 or 4 times as I tried to explain what happened, "patiently" explaining to me standard like I was a doddering old fool. I finally said look, I'm 65 but pretty tech savvy. You need to stop interrupting me and listen to what I'm saying about my phone. He did but didn't get it or (my thought) didn't believe me. His suggestion: factory reboot. I finally got frustrated enough to try that, no go. And the battery has still not drained completely to see if that will change anything. Have you heard anything more? I'm beyond disgusted with Samsung. 

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

Hey guys,

We definitely understand your frustrations regarding this. We will be happy to assist each and every one of y'all individually. Feel free to send a private message to any of our moderators for further assistance.

userC04L9nYLaR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

How do I send a private message. I have not used my phone for a while and when turning it on I am having big issues with it. 

Find my phone - showing offline but I can see messages and emails pinging through on the screen 

Phone locked - No password I could possibly think of has worked and waiting for it to load up is so frastrating 

Top tips for reset won't work because it just puts the screen to sleep or turns it off to turn it back on to the same lock screen. 

Please help!

usermg8jGV5BGJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

Hi Please SOS

My wife's S10 locked her out her mobile after a software update. It asking for a password she never created, any simple way to be able to fix this issue?

Thanks

Happy new year 

0 Likes
useru45vdBz0GA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

I figured out a way to do it. Please message me

userJxQ0DoboCU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

I didn't use my phone for  months waiting for someone to help to recovery my info. How I can contact you

0 Likes
userGg65JCdjtW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

I have the same problem.  Can't use my correct password, or find my device.  Don't want to factory reset. How did you fix it?

0 Likes
usermg8jGV5BGJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

Can you please help me? My wife's  updated software and now it's asking her for a password she does not have.

We would deeply appreciate any help. 

Thank you and happy new year!! 

0 Likes
Kellyb316
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
I need help with this same problem
0 Likes
userWMMqCJbXrs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

@SamsungNik Is there something actually happening? It's been a week and I'm still getting stiff armed by Samsung every time I contact customer support