Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Phone locked after last update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In what way?

The pin management are in screen settings and if i try to make change request the pin and are incorrect...

Or if i try to modify secure startup, are already disabled.

The pin request happen after boot, for login in the UI, the first time don't accept the face or fingerprint, the same for iris

@SamsungZell wrote:

You would change the settings for your pin in your biometrics and security settings. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You would need to reset the pin using Samsung findmymobile.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungZell wrote:

You would need to reset the pin using Samsung findmymobile.

Other problem, findmobile is active, but the unlock feature no, for the activation i need the pin...

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Factory reset will lock the phone with Google account, if you know the Google account and password, you can use fatory reset to unlock it, but if you don't have the Google account and the password of the locked phone, don't recommend the factory reset, use the Eelphone Androi Unlock to unlock it, or when the phone was locked by Google account already, use the Eelphone Google Account Removal to bypass Google verification, but also with losing all data on the locked phone.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The phone are not currently locked, with the biometrics i have access, i don't know only the PIN, and i don't know why is changed.

Anyone knows why this happen?

This is a huge bug, how do I avoid that, once the problem is solved this time?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The solution was to restart the phone in safe mode by holding down the volume -,
once started I entered the original pin which is accepted here and then I recorded it again, once restarted the problem is solved.
The important thing now is to understand why it happens.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that you're locked out of your phone. I think I may be able to help you reboot into recovery mode so that you can use your device without doing a factory reset .

This happened to my wife's S8+ and this is what I did

Please follow these instructions:

• Press and hold the Power+Vol Down button until the screen turns off.

• As soon as the screen shuts off, Press and hold Power+Bixby+Vol Up to boot into recovery mode.

• Use the volume buttons to navigate up/down.

• Select the Clear/Wipe Cache Partition option>Press power to select>Press power to confirm.

• Once complete, select the reboot to system option.

*Please note that the device will require the original password to activate the device.

I hope this helps someone as it did for my wife!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys,

The fix is pretty simple tbh. All you have to do is plug your phone into a computer/laptop. Allow the computer to install your phone device. Go to documents and look for your device. I must note that you won't be able to see anything such as card and phone that usually comes up, but stay there. After that, type in your regular password and it will work. I have personally tried it multiple times for different people. Then go to settings and  take off the voice assistant cause that thing is annoying, lol. Hope this works for many of you as well.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SOLUTION:

I find that if I hold the VOL UP and VOL DOWN + Power and reboot the phone it then lets me enter my PIN

that solved the issue for me although every now and then if I turn off and on and get the same issue I have to perform the same fix.

thank goodness.....for now and hope this helps anyone before they reset...

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same situation as well , I just bought the phone s10 last week in australia . I try to  set up my new phone and than have someone ring me another phone , after while try to continue set up my new  phone again, suddunely ask me password , but i never set up password why will ask me password.of couse cant be unknock .

so , I serach on internt said  try doing a factory reset and google/samsung account password  but still  none worked, lucky is new phone didnt have photo or all important things inside . buy I was very unhappy , becuase I was never use the phone call anyone or take phone and alreday knock my phone . I dont know who can help me and what should i do now .