cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userQcIFWzgW5T
Constellation

Re: Phone locked after last update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This was my first and last Samsung. Never again...

userfkqlmAVMsT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a J4 Dual sim that got locked two weeks ago after an update. I think the update downloaded then a few days later when i rebooted, the screen lock screen appeared differently and asked for a password containing IIRC 5 characters containing at least one letter. Well, my passcode is only 5 numbers. Now I can't get into the phone. When it boots, the first lock screen is the old one and accepts my 5 digit number and boots. Then, it is locked. I can't get in. Totally irritated so i've switch to using a different phone until we figure this out. My photos are on the sd card but whatsapp images and other downloads are on the phone. So I'd like to try to recover those.

Is there a forum here for J phones? or should I follow along here.

I've tried to connect the phone to my PC and get into the drive there but again, it will not accept my password. It accepts it but returns to the screen. If i put in the wrong code, it tells me the code is wrong and rejects it. So clearly, it is stuck in some kind of loop becuase I can boot the phone with the passcode and it tries to unlock when i enter it. But it won't allow my computer to access it.

Is there any way to install an updated patch by loading it from an SD card as I've seen that option on some you tube videos that describe how to hard reset.

This situation is a disaster. I was traveling international and thank god i travel with two unloocked phone. One is a GS 5 so maybe samsung has given up patching that for now but i have it set to avoide updates.

help....Pleeeeeeeze

userasKtZRxMBv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Happen to my S10e last night after anupdate. Scary. Even I own that phone for only 1 week - still factory reset or any loss of data is a painful option.

Thanks god, when I initially setup my new phone a few days ago I've chosen Settings -> Biometrics and security -> Find My Mobile  ON.

Today I've solved that upgrade lock by logging into the Samsung's findmymobile.samsung.com and choosing the "unlock" option.

Easy and fast! I only lost my phone security logins, like face recognition, fingerprints, pattern.

But those I built again within 1 min.

Not sure it's a solution for those who already locked after an update and doesn't have that "Find My Mobile" option switched on.

But if you are only going to update - please choose that option first!

Or maybe you had that "Find my mobile" - you can verify via the mentioned web site.