cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVg2LGC2rQA
Astronaut

Phone reboots if oem charging cord is bumped

I've noticed this since I got my s10+. If I'm charging the device and bump the cord just right the entire phone will shut off and reboot. It doesnt matter if I'm in the car plugged directly into a USB plug or at home on a wall charger. Has anyone had this issue, I notice it more in the car because I always seem to accidentally bump it whether picking up a drink out of the cup holder or charging the climate controls and radio. I'm unsure if it's a short circuit in the phone charger port or what. But I've purchased new USB c cables from Samsung and the issue still exists.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Phone reboots if oem charging cord is bumped

I would lean toward a short in the charger port of the device if that's happening with multiple USB-C cables. You could bring it in to a UBreakiFix to have it checked out and possibly repaired if necessary.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

userxNoopnpCRe
Constellation

Yes this happens to mine fairly often while plugged in to the car. Hit a bump in the road and the phone reboots. Has done it since day 1 of having the phone. It's annoying because of using Android auto I have to have it plugged in.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hi @userxNoopnpCRe 

Did you try @ChrisWNY 's reply to the OP. It definitely sounds like a short in the USB-C port. Is there a UBreakiFix near you?