JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone takes me from typing to home screen

(Topic created: 06-15-2019 11:18 AM)
GRANADOS0522
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sometimes I be writing a msg or on what's up and my phone just stops and takes me from typing to home screen anyone know why this happens?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Follow these few steps below on how to wipe the cache partition.

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what were deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.

View solution in context

7 Replies
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

0 Likes
GRANADOS0522
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No How do I do that?

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Follow these few steps below on how to wipe the cache partition.

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what were deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.

GRANADOS0522
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok thanks

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You're welcome. Let us know if that worked or if you need any further assistance. 🙂

0 Likes
dimmu1313
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm curious why wiping the cache partition was suggested. The cause is almost certainly that you're accidentally hitting the home button when you mean to hit the spacebar. I've done it a hundred times and it took me a while to realize what was happening. No idea why the home key isn't disabled when the keyboard is active.

Antbell1484
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Not hitting home key by accident does it sometimes without even. Typing
0 Likes