cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hadi_S10_Plus
Constellation

Phones are not fast charging

I bought 2 S10 plus phones 6 months ago and I did not have any problems back then till a month or 2. When I charge the phones, sometimes it shows that it needs 30 hours to complete charging. And it's not lying. I forgot once to check if it's giving me this message and kept it on charge for an hour. When I got back to the phone, I found it charged 5% and the message was saying it needs 28 hours for a full charge. The only way to get it working is to unplug the charger and plug it again. If the message get back again, then I would do this step multiple times till I get the 1 hour and 20 mins. The weird thing is that both my S10 pluss started this problem on the same day to date. Has anyone faced the same issue before?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Issue in charging

That is typically a charger issue, not a phone issue. How nanny different charger bricks/cords have you tried?

Hadi_S10_Plus
Constellation

I tried 3 different chargers with different cables. I also use one of the cables to charge my note 8 and no issue at all with that phone.

how many*

Honored Contributor

@Hadi_S10_Plus wrote:

I bought 2 S10 plus phones 6 months ago and I did not have any problems back then till a month or 2. When I charge the phones, sometimes it shows that it needs 30 hours to complete charging. And it's not lying. I forgot once to check if it's giving me this message and kept it on charge for an hour. When I got back to the phone, I found it charged 5% and the message was saying it needs 28 hours for a full charge. The only way to get it working is to unplug the charger and plug it again. If the message get back again, then I would do this step multiple times till I get the 1 hour and 20 mins. The weird thing is that both my S10 pluss started this problem on the same day to date. Has anyone faced the same issue before?

@Hadi_S10_Plus 

Wipe cache partition:

1) Turn off the device.
2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4) An 'Installing system update' message will show for some seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5) Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6) Press Power key to select.
7) Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8) When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9) Press the Power key to restart the device.

Hadi_S10_Plus
Constellation

I will do that and let you know how it goes. Thanks for reply.

Honored Contributor

@Hadi_S10_Plus wrote:

I will do that and let you know how it goes. Thanks for reply.

@Hadi_S10_Plus 

Also make sure the port on your phones are clean of any dust/pocket lint, just in case...

Samsung_7F0hex3
Astronaut

I use a wireless charger and don't have any problems