cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userSmN8YOU8zF
Asteroid

Photos Not Fitting To Screen S10 Note+

So I have the Samsung Galaxy S10 Note+ and when I go to certain sites, mostly facebook, photos won't fit themselves to my screen anymore. Never had this problem with my older Samsung Galaxy Phones. Anyone know how to remedy this?

Posted an example here. Normally when you click on an image in Facebook it fits itself to your screen. Instead I get this massive half image that gets cut off. 

Screenshot_20190910-150848_Samsung Internet.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Red Giant

Re: Photos Not Fitting To Screen S10 Note+

@userSmN8YOU8zF wrote:

So I have the Samsung Galaxy S10 Note+ and when I go to certain sites, mostly facebook, photos won't fit themselves to my screen anymore. Never had this problem with my older Samsung Galaxy Phones. Anyone know how to remedy this?

Posted an example here. Normally when you click on an image in Facebook it fits itself to your screen. Instead I get this massive half image that gets cut off. 

Screenshot_20190910-150848_Samsung Internet.jpg

Try another browser such as Google Chrome to see if same thing happens there as well.  Also when you use Facebook app, does the same thing happen?

userSmN8YOU8zF
Asteroid

Yes, same issues are happening on Chrome as well. The issue doesn't seem to affect the Facebook App itself. I've noticed it's affecting other things as well, such if a window pops up with options for me to select, it won't center itself on the screen, I have to turn the phone lengthwise to get the entire selection. Before this I had the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, and never had the issue. Has to be some kind of sizing option gone awry

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Sites such as Facebook are not designed to be viewed in a mobile browser. This is why they have mobile apps. It is recommended to use the apps for these sites.

userSmN8YOU8zF
Asteroid

I've had pretty much every Samsung Galaxy model in the past, and have never had this issue until upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy S10 Note+. I've always used the same Internet Browser App as well, and never had this issue. It's not just pictures as well that aren't fitting themselves to the screen, either. For example, say if I go to a site to order pizza, and a window pops up asking what toppings I'd like, normally that little window would fit itself to my screen. Instead I only get half of the window, I have to turn my phone sideways to make it fit, which I've never had to do. Any site that has any such options that a separate "box," "window," or "selection bar," etc. no longer fits on my screen whatsoever. 

Red Giant

@userSmN8YOU8zF wrote:

I've had pretty much every Samsung Galaxy model in the past, and have never had this issue until upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy S10 Note+. I've always used the same Internet Browser App as well, and never had this issue. It's not just pictures as well that aren't fitting themselves to the screen, either. For example, say if I go to a site to order pizza, and a window pops up asking what toppings I'd like, normally that little window would fit itself to my screen. Instead I only get half of the window, I have to turn my phone sideways to make it fit, which I've never had to do. Any site that has any such options that a separate "box," "window," or "selection bar," etc. no longer fits on my screen whatsoever. 

Could it be that you have a very big font selected in display settings?  For example Chrome should auto-fit a website onto the screen of the phone.  There are times where a website isn't optimized to be displayed on mobile devices, but most modern site should.