Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
G-ProPIA
Halo

Photos - gray screen with white exclamation point

Hi,

Does anyone know what causes these?

I was just opening a photo that was emailed to me and sharing to a photo app to crop and save. Why are there gray photos with white exclamation points now? This wont let me attach that gray photo because it says it is a unsupported file. What are these?

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Photos - gray screen with white exclamation point

@G-ProPIA Does this happen with the native gallery app when you try to view the photo in question?

G-ProPIA
Halo

Yes, with Gallery App. Today, those strange photos are go...

Yes, with Gallery App. Today, those strange photos are gone and I see the original photo in the state prior to the photo app crop i did. I also tried this with other photo apps and some didnt pull in the photo.

With this phone, i have noticed these gray photos before and had issues with saving emailed photos before. There is a delay. Strange phenomenom.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Yes, with Gallery App. Today, those strange photos are go...

@G-ProPIA Does this issue still happen when your phone is in safe mode?

G-ProPIA
Halo

I dont know. Havent tried in safe mode. I know that when...

I dont know. Havent tried in safe mode. I know that when you save emailed photos, there can be delays. Anyway, i tested three new emailed photos this a.m. I opened them with a photo app, clicked Done, then downloaded and it worked well. No gray photos w exclam points. I will check Gallery app later to make sure there are no strange grayed out photos there. I think yesterfays issue was with one of the photo apps not opening a photo. I would just save these from the email, but that has delays, so i have to add a step and open the photo with a photo app first. Then it saves on the spot, no delay, etc.

WWMaestro
Constellation

I'm having the same issue. Either a portion of my photos...

I'm having the same issue. Either a portion of my photos or the entire photo is covered. I had this issue on my note 8 previously. This is a new sd card and didn't happen until I switched to Verizon from T-Mobile. I've got other issues happening because of the switch too.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I'm having the same issue. Either a portion of my photos...

@WWMaestro Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? Have you tried clearing the cache and data for your Camera and Gallery apps?

WWMaestro
Constellation

@SamsungAdam I just did a factory reset last week and cle...

@SamsungAdam I just did a factory reset last week and cleared the cache again just now.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: @SamsungAdam I just did a factory reset last week and cle...

Thank you for that information. Were the pictures saved on the SD card?

WWMaestro
Constellation

@samsungAdam yes, they're on the SD card.

@SamsungAdam yes, they're on the SD card.