cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Podcast advert is injected into 'Start Up proces' and Notifications (eg gmail, whatsapp, messages)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

An advert (always the same voice and content) used in one of  my  podcasts is being triggered by notifications related to  Apps such as messages, gmail, whatsapp, smartthings, bit defender...  On starting, the advert will continue until I scroll up or down (or sometimes both).

The only solution to prevent it happening is to turn off the notifications associated with these applications - which is not really a solution !

In addition, the advert now ALWAYS plays just at the end of the start up process. However, in this case it only plays for a short time and then stops - or failing that, it can be stopped by up/ down scrolling.  I have not found any workaround for this.

Notes :

I have been a member of the podcast for several years, without problems - on my galaxy edge 7. It has only occurred since changing over to the S10

In the case of whatsapp, gmail, the add interruption only happens when a message arrives 

The problem is not solved by changing podcast apps - I am on my third one (Castbox) and it make no difference

Thanks for any assistance !!

James

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Podcast advert is injected into 'Start Up proces' and Notifications (eg gmail, whatsapp, message

JUMP TO SOLUTION

PROBLEM SOLVED  fyi

Problem was caused by an injection of the sound advert into my phone - replacing the correct default Notification Sound. The name of the injected sound was 381. Longterm thinking in a start up town.  This is the title of the podcast topic I was listening to. The actural sound content (2 mins long) was the voice advert played before and after the podcast segment.

This advert sound replaced the default notification sound across all the apps on my S10 Phone AND always played  on start up of the S10 mobile. So, a whatsapp noticication was accompanied with the advert instead of a ping sound from the notification sound menu.

Solution for individual apps 

Settings / Notifications /status bar/ turn on al app notifications/ 

Then check out each app for the default sound allocated to it. 

Message notifications/SOUND  ---- this is where you will see the injected sound. Change it to one of the sounds selected from the s10 sound menu

Solution for power startup sound

see below

AAAAAA.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Podcast advert is injected into 'Start Up proces' and Notifications (eg gmail, whatsapp, mess...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identify and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Podcast advert is injected into 'Start Up proces' and Notifications (eg gmail, whatsapp, mess...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for helping !!

I powered off and restarted - by holding the down side of the volume button when the SAMSUNG  logo appeared. The safe mode message appeared bottom left of screen. Unfortunately the problem was not resolved. The injection of the voice add kicked in and remained until I completed the sign in process. Then it stopped.

James 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had not whiped the cache  -  just completed the following process . Unfortunately it did not resolve the problem. On rebooting after this process, the injected voice advert starts up and remains until booting is completed.  

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Podcast advert is injected into 'Start Up proces' and Notifications (eg gmail, whatsapp, message

JUMP TO SOLUTION

PROBLEM SOLVED  fyi

Problem was caused by an injection of the sound advert into my phone - replacing the correct default Notification Sound. The name of the injected sound was 381. Longterm thinking in a start up town.  This is the title of the podcast topic I was listening to. The actural sound content (2 mins long) was the voice advert played before and after the podcast segment.

This advert sound replaced the default notification sound across all the apps on my S10 Phone AND always played  on start up of the S10 mobile. So, a whatsapp noticication was accompanied with the advert instead of a ping sound from the notification sound menu.

Solution for individual apps 

Settings / Notifications /status bar/ turn on al app notifications/ 

Then check out each app for the default sound allocated to it. 

Message notifications/SOUND  ---- this is where you will see the injected sound. Change it to one of the sounds selected from the s10 sound menu

Solution for power startup sound

see below

AAAAAA.jpg

View solution in original post