JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pop up ads problem

(Topic created: 09-26-2023 09:04 PM)
Lakung
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi erybody does anybody know how to fix my phone pop up ads problem ? Ok the thing is every time I open/unlock the screen there is this ads take me straight to browser telling me to download cashapp but the pop up says complete action using Samsung internet or chrome as default browser so 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
It could be any number of apps. To maybe find out which one, try this. Go to the Galaxy App store and install Samsung's Good Lock app. On the second tab, find the Nice Catch module and install it. With Nice Catch, you can find out which apps are causing any sort of notification, vibration, etc. Make sure all options are toggled on within the module. When the notification happens again, Nice Catch will register it and (hopefully) tell you what it is.

View solution in context

4 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
These ads are coming from an app that is installed on your phone. Would you happen to have installed any new apps recently? After you remove the app in question, the ads will stop.
0 Likes
Lakung
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Like what app lemme see
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
It could be any number of apps. To maybe find out which one, try this. Go to the Galaxy App store and install Samsung's Good Lock app. On the second tab, find the Nice Catch module and install it. With Nice Catch, you can find out which apps are causing any sort of notification, vibration, etc. Make sure all options are toggled on within the module. When the notification happens again, Nice Catch will register it and (hopefully) tell you what it is.
Borite
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Sounds like you got malware for sure. Need to Svan your device for threats. Or just factory reset your phone and start fresh.
0 Likes